Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

First Things First

Three of my Pioneer girls in Girls’ Brigade are going for JPA scholarship interview today. They have obtained straight As in their SPM Examination. These girls have been with me in the GB’s Pioneer Venture Program for the past two years. They, together with other 11 girls, have been very conscientious and showed much qualities of leadership.

If you listen to teens long enough, you will notice that they are looking for help in the mind-bogging major decisions of life. They are asking questions like –

Career: Should I take up medicine or engineering or law? Should I follow my parents’ wish or my own interest? Should I ….
Friendships: Am I supposed to stay with the girl who is always on her handphone at the camp or the girl who is always on her i-pod nano?
BGR: Is he the one God prepares for me to be my life partner?

I always use one of Stephen Covey’s seven habits – First Things First. Seek His Kingdom first, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Trust God. Trust Christ as Saviour and Lord.

Surrender All. Submit to God totally.

Share All. Share your faith, not just only extras of your food.

Obey. Obey your parents.

When you have First Things First – all other things will follow….

God Bless you, Jia Jing, Yu Xuan and Ivy.

1 comment(s):

All the very best to the three girls!

By Blogger fishtail, at 2:58 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home