Yan's Corner - In Touch

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Smile, an everlasting Smile

Smile an everlasting smile,
A smile can bring you near to me
Don’t ever let me find you down
Cause that would bring a tear to me
This world has lost its glory


Let’s start a brand new story now, my love
Right now, there’ll be no other time and
I can show you how, my love.

Talk in everlasting words,
And dedicate them all to me.
And I will give you all my life
I’m here if you should call to me
You think that I don’t even mean a single word I say

It’s only words, and words are all I have
To take your heart away.

Bee Gees may sing this song into your heart over and over again. But there are times when words just can’t express the feelings. Words, only words? No word has been sufficient to tell the stories, stories of those around you, whether they are your family members, friends or strangers.

Or, at least I find myself very inadequate this week, it speaks of my long silence from Monday to Friday!

On Tuesday, I wanted to write about how the Lord is intimately and compassionately concerned of the every details of our life after reading Leviticus Chapter 15. Lev. 15 records the every details of how to be hygienic, from washing hands to bathing to changing of clothes. The first part is about the men, while the second part is about woman. It is exactly like the practice of modern hospitals now.

I did not … Because I was so overwhelmed by things happening around me …

On Wednesday, I wanted to write about the Prime Minister asking the authorities concerned to be transparent when coming to figures and statistics of infectious diseases such as HFMD.

I did not … Because an email from a friend came in quoting, transparency is not a virtue of politicians.

On Thursday, I wanted to write about the findings of my journalists that some kindergartens are operating under “closed doors and windows”. Imagine the conditions of children in “closed doors and windows”?

I did not … Because my heart goes to those parents who really need to work to earn for a living. They have to “beg” the kind souls in the kindergartens or child care centres to look after their children.

How could I “talk” like how Dr Chua “felt disappointed that some kindergartens which defied the order to close temporarily?” I am blessed to have a maid at home. My children have “outgrown” the age for HFMD and are in a lower risk group. But, I do remember how blessed I was in 1997 when I had my own mother to take care of Rachel and Chris while I worked.

How could I sit in the office and comment on these childcare operators and parents? I even could not comment on changing of lifestyle by just boarding an LRT once.

Today, a smile takes away my heart. Here it is ….



This is one of the moments captured during my young days. One of our children in the longhouse along the mighty Sungai Rajang.

6 comment(s):

yes, i see heaven in the eyes of the childe, with her everlasting s-mile
I also see heaven in the cires of a new born babe
I even hear ecjoes of heaven seeing your previous Post's pix -- Cry of the river
of a time gone by
And Desi's nostalgic recall
Of a Cowboy's Lament for his Gal
Now gone, gone forver...LOST
On the River of No Return...

PS: yan, sorry if this comment should add to your "downer" mood...

By Blogger desiderata, at 4:20 pm  

It is heart-wrenching to watch children exposed to this horrible disease. It kills our mood and reduces us to some inadequate beings, watching but not able to do anything substantial.

Let's pray and hope all these problems will blow over very soon.

By Blogger Joepsc, at 1:42 am  

thanks for sharing this post. it is very touching...

By Blogger lasez, at 11:47 am  

Desi,

As I reply this comment, news come in that another child died of HFMD today, making it to a total of 7.

God's way is higher than ours...

We just have to hold on that faith!

God Bless.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:28 pm  

Joe,

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

There is something tragic about the death of children - their innocence, their life potential, defenceless ....

We do not know the answer, but we know we are called to be faithful and leave it to God. Our God is full of grace, isn't He not?

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:33 pm  

Iasez,

Thanks for your nice words. I drop by your site and have found treasures there too! Will visit often.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:34 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home