Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Slow Down? Slow Dance?


S L O W D A N C E

Have you ever watched kids
on a merry-go-round
Or listened to the rain
slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Do you run through each day on the fly
When you ask "How are you?"
do you hear the reply?

When the day is done,
do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow
And in your haste, not see his
sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
'Cause you never had time
to call and say "Hi"?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away...

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.


Once in a while, I enjoy reading some poems. Here is one. Someone forwarded it to me quite sometime ago. The mail said this is a poem written by a little girl who has cancer and only six months to live. People are asked to forward the email about her to as many people as possible because the American Cancer Society will give 3 cents per email to support her treatment. The email is signed with the name of a professor of Yeshiva University in New York. Anyway, Truth and Fiction said this email is a hoax. Read it here.

I have put in a photo taken long, long time back. It's the life of the natives in Sarawak. Travelling against the rapids can be a race, but still, I see the simplicity in their lives. Enjoy the next photo -


Can we also enjoy a slow dance while being burdened by pressing issues in life?

6 comment(s):

Yan:
I used to run cross-country
As a pupil

I upgradeded to motor-cycle
As a student

I graduated to a car
As a worker

I suppergraded to a marathon
as a writer
Trying tio thumb a lift by bullshit carter
Doing FuRong-SubangJaya slowdance
Plan to live till 2080,I'm about 1/2way there
I steal do have the time/dime
To stand and stare

PS: Can I have a third helping of the sizzling lembulet, I think PapaLembu had Semi-valued's permit to come home?

By Blogger desiderata, at 1:17 pm  

Yan, I'm so sorry I had class today and couldn't attend the dinner although I really wanted to:( thanks for your kind invitation though! It is a real honour in itself:)

By Blogger YingKs, at 11:56 pm  

I love the picture ... And the poem too!

By Anonymous kyels, at 12:22 am  

Desi,

Graduated to car? I thought being in the Astronaut Program is your aim! Oh no, you are not even in the semi-finalists of the Malaysian Astronaut Program. They are pilot, engineer, doctor and doctor gigi! No lawyer!

Even at A'Fomasa, you have to be below xxkg to be able to "fly"!

Just pulling your legs...

Thanks for that "stand and stare". I'll do that more often.

By Blogger Yan, at 5:27 am  

yingks,

I told fishtail the same thing - do you know there's a remark "there's always next time"?

So, next time, young one. But, you have really missed the good food, the good fellowship and the good fun! All the good Fs...

We have definitely missed your "contributions" in fellowship and fun!

By Blogger Yan, at 5:30 am  

kyels,

Thanks for liking the photographs.

Thanks for the delightful company! Certainly look forward to more delights, both in physical presence and in your blogging world!

By Blogger Yan, at 5:31 am  

Post a comment

<< Home