Yan's Corner - In Touch

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Only Human!

"Stuff" of life

I have always taken it as great pride and joy when Chris (my 10-year-old boy) waves goodbye to me after I drop him off at the school gate every morning. He waves goodbye when he closes the car door, and turns to wave goodbye after a few steps, and turn back again ....

"Stuff of Life" was posted on October 19 last year. Chris continues to wave goodbye to me every time I drop him off. This morning, I dropped him off right in front of a traffic police. After the usual "goodbye", as I was about to leave, the traffic police knocked at my window.

I thought, a warning that I should not stop for too long to say goodbye? But, his smile did not give a hint.

So, I pressed the button (power-window lah!) to wind down the window.

With a big smile, he said, "Your son is so cute. I have not seen another child waving goodbye to their parents here at the school gate. He is not even scare of me standing right here"

I remember fishtail commented that Chris was not being insecure for waving goodbye to mummy so many times. He said Chris wanted to stay connected till he met mummy again after school.

Today, I learn that traffic police are only human who want to stay connected with the people. So, the next time if a taffic police stop you, do not flash your "press card" so fast, give him a big smile. He may only want to stay connected with beautiful people like you and me!

10 comment(s):

A smile can cheer up the most moody character. Problem for me is that sometimes I'm moody myself! At those times if I force a smile or two, I happen to cheer myself up!

By Blogger YingKs, at 1:07 pm  

yan:

there are good, bad and ugly cops.
it's good of you meeting the s-miling cop.
I wrote about the cops who asnwered one mGf (+DEsi's) 999 call --- ALL within 10 minutes one night -- Good on RMPF!:)

More of s-miling cops for Chris2, and Rachel jie-jei, and their driver, or isit chauffer? Spare this pauperwriter me, a copper?

By Blogger desiderata, at 1:18 pm  

See, even the traffic cops are learning a thing or two from little Chris. Keep waving, Chris!

By Blogger fishtail, at 4:52 pm  

nice of him to smile.

smiling is a nice hapit which i hope everybody keep doing it.

By Anonymous yasser, at 7:01 am  

yingks,

I was having my morning devotion and would like to share with you some thoughts -

Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires.
- Psalms 37:4

We petition daily for God's help for many things. It can be we want our children to do better in school, relief from our stress, our job situation or improvement in human relationships. These are all legitimate petitions. If God answers our prayers like the way we hope, it would greatly delight us.

But this verse tells me to make Him my delight, and the result?

He will give me my heart's desires!

So, delight in Him! - Let's be encouraged.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 10:07 am  

Desi,

Yes, our story may open the door for hope to flourish in another's heart. The smiling cop not only lift up our spirit, but may also have the power to have a good influence on the "black sheeps".

So, share more our stories in the cyber world, or to those we live and work with.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 10:11 am  

fishtail,

Let the "waving" scatter seeds in our neighbourhood, our family, our friends, and even the cops community. Who knows? we may be planting seeds of hope in people in this helpless world. Some of the seeds may take root and will someday produce a harvest.

Thank you for that very appropriate term - stay connected.

Plant a world of love heart-deep in a person's life. Nurture it with a smile and a prayer. And watch what happens.
- Max Lucado

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 10:14 am  

yasser,

I like this description by Rebecca Manley Pippert that the neighbour next door or the people sitting next to us on a plane or in a classroom are not interruptions to our schedule. They are there by divine appointment. God wants us to see their needs, their loneliness, their longings ...

I guess this also answers part of your searching question on your little secret.

Keep searching.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 10:21 am  

Chris is just so cute. He's a fine young boy and will turn out to be a fine man later in the future. You've raised him up beautifully, imho. :)

Cheerios!

By Anonymous kyels, at 7:09 pm  

Thanks Yan! That was a great encouragement to me:)

By Blogger YingKs, at 11:26 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home