Yan's Corner - In Touch

Friday, March 24, 2006

Beauty of God

“I should lose weight this year.” Chris said to his sister, Rachel this afternoon on the way back from school.

Rachel asked, “Why this year?”

“Next year in August I will be 12. I must have a handsome photograph in MyKad. I need to carry that card until 18. I do not want to have an ugly photo to hold and carry for six long years.” Chris answered.

Rachel and I plus Chris all bursted into laughter.

Rachel said, “Why I did not have such idea when I was 11. My photo in MyKad is so awful.”

Mummy said,

Let the beauty of the Lord be upon both of you!

What is the beauty of God?

Why is God beautiful?

God is beautiful because of two things –

TRUTH AND LOVE

Truth is always associated with beauty. What is not true is always not beautiful.

Love is warm. Love is gracious. Love is attractive. Love is beautiful.

So, love + truth = beauty

If your life is characterized by love and truth, it is beautiful!

Where can you get those – love and truth? The only place you can get those is from God. So the Psalmist prays,

Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, (Psalms 90:17a KJV)
and establish thou the work of our hands upon us,
yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. (Pslams 90:17b RSV)

If the beauty of the Lord is upon you, Rachel and Chris, you can carry it all the days of your life!

7 comment(s):

A word in took my attention, TRUTH !

What is the truth?

Who can prove the truth?

Especially in God faith, yours is totally different of mine!

So I think one is correct and one is right... but who has the correct truth!!

Because if yours is right, I would change my beliefs to yours; and vice versa.

Thanks for sparkling my mind again of the truth .

By Anonymous yasser, at 6:54 pm  

Tell Rachel and Chris not to worry - they can change their MyKads when they turn 18. I however am stuck with my really awful MyKad photo for much longer than that!

By Blogger dobbs, at 11:00 pm  

That little fella Chris is ever so funny! I've a feeling he and Bob Hope had some common DNAs somewhere.

By Blogger fishtail, at 11:03 pm  

When we were young, we too were concerned about looks - our outward appearance, our charm.

Since charm is deceptive and outward beauty is fleeting, the more important aspect is that beauty which is unseen as noted by Confucius: "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it", and also by Kahlil Gibran who said: "Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart"

Since we are created in the image of God, we inherit His truth, love and goodness; goodness being all the virtues we are to live by, and that to my mind is that light placed in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. That light is our beauty.

And here I quote for Chris, from Christopher Marlowe: " O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars"

By Blogger Joepsc, at 2:09 pm  

yan:

tell chris that 'unk desi was like him - a Chubby Checker, at his Age of Renaissance!

It's luvly -- the gals liked it when we do the Twist, I dunno how HI was that pole when it came to Limbo Rock! Maybe 'unk fishtail measured that pole!:)

By Blogger desiderata, at 2:16 pm  

Yasser,

God speaks in many different ways. It can be through His words, through a friend, through circumstances, or even that still small voice.

I'm glad to remain and encourage us on the issue of "Truth"!

Keep searching.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 9:53 am  

thanks Yan

By Anonymous yasser, at 6:40 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home