Yan's Corner - In Touch

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sally

I met Sally few years ago in Kuching. She is a Singaporean lawyer turned educationist. She is a special lady. What makes her special as a Singaporean is she has 6 children. Yes, six, you do not read wrongly.

No doubt, Sally is also a very capable woman. She is able to use time and resources wisely and effectively between family, career and on her missions with God.

Sally answered to my wide-open eyes of her number of children. She said before she had her first child, she had many miscarriages. God heals her and she has one child after anther until she has six, not counting anymore. Her youngest should be 11 or 12. I guess she is ready to count her grandchildren soon. The eldest one is working as a journalist!

She shared that every difficulty we have dealt in life, every disappointment or weakness ends up working to our advantage. When we are weak, we are strong. She said because of what she went through before having the first child, she found that when she prayed for barren women, it is very powerful and fruitful.

It took me quite a while to understand how it makes sense. But, I know because of what I have gone through, I am very sensitive to women who have fertility problems. I have emotional connection with them. Not only that, what Apostle Paul tells us in Phil 4:6 makes sense!

Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. (Phil 4:6)

Last night, an ex-colleague who has been married for ten years and childless called and delivered a gift to my house. She is pregnant and due to deliver her first child on the 7th day of Chinese New Year. She said she could never thank me enough for my encouragement and support.

I claim no credit. The story of Sally has been a great blessing to my own heart. I learn to bring my problems to the Lord in prayer.

4 comment(s):

Barren 10 years and now due to deliver, oh my goodness! The stork has arrived; better late than never.

By Blogger fishtail, at 5:53 am  

Hi, Yan,

God works in mysterious ways; miracles do happen everyday, and we don't see them because we spare no time to look around with an appreciative and believing mind for the many wondrous happenings He sanctions.

Genesis 17:17
Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, "Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?"

Genesis 18:12
So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"

Genesis 21:2
Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.


Here, may I take this opportunity to wish you, your family and all your friends here at your site:

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Xin Nián Kuài Lè

Xin Nián Jìn Bù

Xue Ye Jin Bu (for your children)

Shen Ti Jian Kang

Wan She Ru Yi

Shi Shi Shun Li

Nian Nian You Yu

Long Ma Jing Shen

Bu Bu Gao Sheng

Cai Yuan Guang Jing

and the world at large "SHI JIE HE PING"

By Blogger Joepsc, at 2:54 pm  

Fishtail,

God has His timing. His thoughts are higher than ours.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:29 am  

Joe,

Amen!

You sure have covered all. I like that - Peace to the world - though I know we are not so optimistic about it.

Good health to you and all.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:32 am  

Post a comment

<< Home