Yan's Corner - In Touch

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lovers' Language

Today, I woke up finding the newspapers all “flooded” with bridges and roads.

Many years ago, Sibu people longed for bridges and better roads. Bridges to connect to the smaller towns. Better roads’ connectivity and not flooded once it rains. Yes, throughout the past years, some bridges were built and being used. Some bridges are still under construction, some far behind schedule. Better roads constructed.

Ah, election is near. Lovers’ Language is here once again. Lanang Bridge will be ready by April, ahead of schedule. Lanang Bridge, yes the road that will connect me to Sarikei, the little town that I spent my teenage years. The little town where I first heard of “Love Language” from the BoyNextDay. Durin Bridge will be ready by August, though behind schedule, still we could see the date. Yes, Durin Bridge will link me to my childhood’s place. The place where I spent hours in the rubber garden. The place where we waited for the durians to fall!

Bridges and roads connect you with places. Politicians connect with his people through promises of bridges and roads. Someone said, politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river!

How much are we better than the politicians? We are no better. Heart language is always difficult to say. Heart language is also difficult to hear. We wonder what is meant. Hearts that have been spoken to are vulnerable.

We are in an age in which words are everywhere. You can read news from most remote place in the world. Getting e-mails from a far away continent is now a routine event. I remember when I first started work, it was telegraph, then, later, I have a telex machine. Later, when I communicated with the timber camps, I have to fix a time for a “radio-call” where every conversation ended with an “over”. Now, friends and business associates are just a “click” away!

However, the fact remains unchanged – there is little connection. How many words we hear, but how few of them penetrate to the heart.

Heart language remains as elusive today as it was 2000 years ago!

But, this morning in my devotion, I read a very delightful conversations between Ruth and Boaz! If you are curious about it and want to improve your art of conversation, turn to Ruth Chapters 2 and 3. Knowledge is message plus your own thoughts!

Ruth is able to talk about the relationship. Ruth says, “You have spoken to my heart.”

Is there anyone whom you can say this too? “You have spoken to my heart.”

Boaz speaks about provision, protection and appreciation to Ruth. He says, “You don’t need to be afraid of the present or of the future.”

Is there anyone who can give you that environment of confidence and safety?

Ruth is able to say, We are connected to one another at heart level. What you have said about my good and about your protection have reached my heart. You have built a bridge, Boaz.”

The art of Lovers’ Language from the conversation of Ruth and Boaz starts with openness, protection, appreciation and intimacy. It's not easy. But, we have this guide from the Bible too -

For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. - Matthew 12:34b-35

5 comment(s):

Ah, this is very well written. The message has been solidly connected to my heart. Over.

By Blogger fishtail, at 4:49 pm  

Thanks for that heart-connecting words. Read today's posting, you'll know how I communicate f2f.
Face-to-face lah!

By Blogger Yan, at 2:19 pm  

Nice site!
[url=http://aykmvdse.com/chjq/dtll.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rzaoomfx.com/tkwi/idth.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 pm  

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 pm  

Nice site!
http://aykmvdse.com/chjq/dtll.html | http://otmpndik.com/hxek/sytn.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home