Yan's Corner - In Touch

Monday, January 09, 2006

I stand in awe


This is my garden. It is always there. I do not do much gardening. The gardener comes once a month. He came this afternoon. I stayed a while watching him. He cut, trimmed, pruned, snipped …

I thought I saw the picture of the workings of God through the hands of the gardener. He cuts away my worldly passions that have begun to take roots in my life. He prunes away the clutter from my life. He is my Master Gardener!

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. – John 15:2

This evening I came home and walked in the garden. I remember this song -

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You.

4 comment(s):

Is this part of your house? Goodness, that dish must be able to receive at least 200 channels!

By Blogger fishtail, at 10:19 pm  

Ha, ha, when I put up this pix, I know someone is going to notice that "dish". 200 channels? No time for that. One channel I also can't manage!

It's part of my house. Look at the garden, not the dish, dear.

By Blogger Yan, at 9:11 am  

Hey I didnt even notice the dish. Was too busy looking at your beautiful garden.....

....from someone with very black thumbs! ;)
(I cant even get grass to grow in my garden so it's all tiled up nowadays!)

By Blogger dobbs, at 1:45 pm  

Hi, dobbs, Happiness shared is the garden. The garden may be gone forever. So, may have to peep into others' garden soon ...

We are only planters, God is the master Gardener.

By Blogger Yan, at 8:02 am  

Post a comment

<< Home