Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Grace and Thanksfulness

When our Boys' Brigade Band said farewell to year 2005 with Bag Pipes (Auld Lang Syne), blowing of bugles followed with the chiming of Church Bell at 12:00 midnight sharp, we welcomed the new year and sang Amazing Grace with the faith of striving forward with God's grace.

Today, I want to share with you two poems read last night at our Watchnight Service and the hymn that we sang -

Yesterday

I've shut the door on yesterday
Its sorrows and mistakes
I've looked within its gloomy walls
Past failures and heartaches
And now I throw the key away
To seek another room
And furnished it with hope and smiles
And every springtime bloom ....

I've shut the door on yesterday
And throw the key away
Tomorrow holds no fear for me
Since I've found today.

Tomorrow

God is in every tommorow,
Therefore I live for today;
Certain of finding at sunrise
Guidance and strength for the day,
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain.

God is in every tommorow,
Planning for you and for me,
Even in the dark I will follow,
Trust where my eyes cannot see,
Stilled by His promise of blessing,
Soothed by the touch of His hand,
Confident in His protection,
Knowing my life-path is planned.

God is in every tomorrow
Life with its changes may come
But He is always behind and before me!

Thanks to God (Hymn)

Thanks to God for my Redeemer,
Thanks for all Thou dost provide!
Thanks for times now but a memory,
Thanks for Jesus by my side!
Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,
Thanks for dark and stormy fall!
Thanks for tears by now forgotten,
Thanks for peace within my soul!

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny!
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply!
Thanks for pain, and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair!
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare!

Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heav’nly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,
Thanks through all eternity!

1 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous pt, at 7:03 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home