Yan's Corner - In Touch

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Baking the Stress Away


I thought I am not going to do any baking this Chinese New Year. I have been feeling exceptionally tired after a day's work. I have been hoping that I have more time to sleep.

As the clock clicks away, I know I can't go without that cheese cake my friends have been looking forward. I can't ignore the hintings of Rach and Chris of the chocolate cake.

So, I baked three cheese cakes and steamed one chocolate cake this evening.

Now, almost 11 pm, I am still up to tell you how great the rewards are. It is very easy to buy cakes from a store, but nothing gives you the feeling of peace and satisfaction and deep pleasure for baking your own.


Baking is as easy as ABC, but just remember some rules -

All ingredients are like children or ladies, handle them with care.

Always follow the same direction. If you are stiring the ingredients clockwise, keep it clockwise throughout. Don't mess them. They like tidiness and like to be in order.

All ingredients, unless specified, should be at room temperature before you start. For making pie crust, you need to have chilled butter, so there is one exception.

Oven must be preheated to the specified temperature. If space allows, and within budget, buy a reasonably big oven. Size does matter.

Size of baking pan does matter too. Stick to the recipe instruction.

Experience the joy of mixing, beating, waiting and the fresh aroma of cake wafting from the oven. O the blessed charm of simple things! You won't be disappointed.

It does get my stress out, today.

3 comment(s):

Drool drool. Got any 'rejects'? My middle name is not 'Bandaraya' for nothing, hehe.

By Blogger fishtail, at 11:20 pm  

Fishtail,

Sure you are not "Bandaraya" for nothing. No reject, everything perfectly done. You deserve more than the "rejects". Come by one day, and you will be dilighted by Yan's Cheesecake Delight or Chocolate Delight.

Blessed Chinese New Year.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 8:26 am  

Hi, Yan

Sure to visit you during the CNY, for the cheesecake, more to catch up.

Missed your cheesecake last year when you did not have open house because of the loss of your dad in law.

See you.

ag

By Anonymous AG, at 6:52 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home