Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I me myself

A friend called few weeks ago saying that her husband is keeping a mistress. This morning, the husband called and asked whether his wife told me any story. I was hinted to stay out of the issue because the wife is entangling herself in trouble. The unspoken words were I might get myself into the trouble of being "beaten up or even ...." I listened to his side of the story. Shortly after, the wife called and told her story again. I have decided to stay out of the issue because the wife asked me whether she could keep a "master" also and that she had "ready admirer" whom I also know. She said she has "legitimate" reason - to satisfy her needs.

Very stressed by HIStory and Her story, I amused myself with this little jingle over an ice-mountain of "ice-kacang" -

I am a lover of myself today.
I had a little tea party
this afternoon at three.
'Twas very small, three guests in all,
just I, myself and me.

Myself ate up the sandwiches,
and I drank up the tea.
'Twas also I who ate the pie,
and passed the cake to me.

Here's another one that I overheard three "orang utans" (monkeys lah, but orang utans sounds more Sarawak) murmur.

Man is funny. The Creator tells him that he was originally created in His own image. But, he tries to prove that he is actually evolved from a monkey. He wants to make monkey of himself. The three moneys or orang utangs try to prove that they have more sense than man. Here you are, the monkey story -

Three monkeys sat in a coconut tree.
Discussing things as they're said to be.
Said one to the other, "Now listen, you,
There's a certain rumour that can't be true -
That man descended from our noble race -
The very idea is a disgrace!

No monkey ever deserted his wife,
Starved her babies and ruined her life,
And you've never known a mother monk
To leave her babies with others to bunk,
Or pass them on from one to another
Till they scarcely know who is their mother.

And another thing you'll never see,
A monkey build a fence 'round a coconut tree
And let the coconuts go to waste,
Forbidding all other monkeys a taste.
Why, if I'd put a fence around the tree,
Starvation would force you to steal from me.

Here's another thing a monkey won't do,
Go out at night and get on a stew,
Or use a gun or club or knife
To take some other monkey's life.
Yes, man descended, the ornery cuss,
But, brother, he didn't descend from us!"

- Author unknown

I, me, myself are self-centred, but, you, we ... are all made in the image of God, why are we settling for "monkey stories"?

1 comment(s):

Yan:

i don't mind being a monkey
join your T re-partee
Monkeys are such good story teller
They in deed don't steal from the other fella

man -- they make such poor tale teller
but good rumour carrier
they hone the art of stealing from the neighbour
Oh, it's to re-lieve dat poor fella


PS: My bio teAcher theorised maybe Adma's nick could be MON (the first day of da week!) being fitrst born; and Eve's nick could be KEY, da weapon of control that da male species behaves, and NOT MAKE MON-KEY of da Homosapiens!

Just in jest or T fest!

By Blogger desiderata, at 11:03 am  

Post a comment

<< Home