Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Have You Found Christmas?


Merry Christmas

By Christopher Lau

I wrote a card for my doctor last night. I wrote,

Wishing you a merry X’mas.

My mother said no one would be merry with a “X’mas”. X’mas is something unknown. As in Maths, we always use the unknown as “X”. Until you find Jesus Christ, X’mas is only another day, what is the reason to celebrate about?

Mummy said, “You have to put “Christ” first, then you have Christmas.”

Dear friends, Merry CHRISTmas!

Yan's Thoughts

I was walking along the Citylink in Sing-land. From the City Hall MRT or Raffles Shopping Centre, the Citylink links to Suntec City. I saw people. I did not know anyone of them. We passed each other. We rubbed shoulders. Everybody is rushing for last minute shopping.

In the middle of the hurry-burly and hustle and bustle of Christmas, with the old Christmas carol, “deck the halls with boughs of holly…’tis the season to be jolly.”, how many of these people are really happy. How many of these people feel the somberness of this occasion?

I walked out the City Hall MRT, this banner caught me , “Have you found Christmas?” I received a gospel track that asked, “Would you like to find Christmas? To know how to find Christmas, please proceed to St. Andrew’s Cathedral Welcome Centre.”

I was also caught by one of the program of the concert, the Group Bamboo Band performed by Sarawak Lun Bawang Tribal. I walked in the amphitheatre and found a place to sit down and enjoyed two hours of music, dance and Youth Mime.

(Read about Lun Bawang people here)

Every Christmas season we remind each other it is not enough for Christ to have been born in Bethlehem some 2000 years ago. What really counts is this same Christ being born in our hearts. We have in our midst and in our hearts, if we have found Him, a Saviour, a Deliverer, a Rescuer, Christ the Lord.

That is CHRISTmas.

Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born
Until he is born within your heart
Your life is still forlorn.

Have you found Christ in the season?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home