Yan's Corner - In Touch

Monday, December 19, 2005

Adding spices to Life

Just a little brain teaser

By Christopher Lau

My sister overheard this at the Pizza Hut counter yesterday.

“You want to cut your pizza into six pieces or four pieces?” The girl at the counter asked the customer.

The customer is a woman.

The customer answered, “Four pieces. I can’t finish six pieces.”

Adding spices to life

By Yan

Rachel and Chris like brain teasers or puzzles. They like to put me in a very “stupid” situations until one day I learnt how to handle such situation. I remember some brain teasers and ask them back. In order not to look very “stupid” too often, they cut down the number of times they want to “laugh” at me.

Such are spices that add joy to life.

I drink coffee with no sugar, creamer or milk. I don’t take tomato sauce, chili sauce, or whatever sauces. I like the real taste of food in many ways.

The basic colours of my wardrobe are black, white and blue. For many years, this has not changed. When the photography art turned from black/white to colours, my friend jokingly remarked on my “black and white” clothes, “Hey friend, we have entered the era of colours. Please add in colours.”

Life goes on in the black and white world.

Surprisingly, I fit in quite well of the changes in life. Over the years, though in the same industry of work, I have moved from the never ending paper works in the administrative department to the ever changing news world and now to the many faces in the business scenes. I have enjoyed each responsibility tremendously.

My friend said creamer, sugar, tomato sauce – are spices of life. It makes life more interesting and exciting.

I guess cutting one pizza into six pieces or four pieces make no difference. It’s still that piece of pizza. But it explores the value of laughter. When Chris and Rachel laughed about it, not meaning to laugh the old woman, it is like the comforting breath of God to lighten their heart.

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
  • W. H. Auden

1 comment(s):

Yes, life is made up of a wide spectrum of elements... the spices of life help to make it more bearable. Rather than be left in a mundane state, life can be spruced up with strictly non-office interests and hobbies. And one way is as you rightly described in your well presented Yan's corner!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home