Yan's Corner - In Touch

Friday, November 25, 2005

Perfuming

During my last trip to KL, I was caught by the quote on the infoscreen in the KLIA Ekspres train –

I share this award with all the great CEOs of this beautiful country. To all my colleagues at YTL, this honour goes to them, and I offer my gratitude in full. I also thank the CEO of Malaysia, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for his strong leadership in his fight against corruption, making Malaysia a more competitive economy. Most important of all, I thank my Lord Jesus for perfuming YLT’s name once again and I give Him all the glory for this honour.


I was quick to get it down in my notebook. I remember reading the news of Tan Sri Francis Yeoh, CEO of YTL being awarded with Malaysia CEO of the year at the Asia Business Leaders Awards, but could not remember him sharing the award with other CEOs, and giving honour to his colleagues, thanking PM and giving all glory to Lord Jesus.

I was actually caught by the word PERFUMING. The CEO thanked Lord Jesus for PERFUMING YTL. In the beautiful figure of speech, this CEO likens YTL as a bottle of perfume, the fragrance of which is spreading all through the corporate world – and most important of all, the sweetness and fragrance are of Lord Jesus Himself.

What a way to give all honour to Lord Jesus!

2 comment(s):

You are sharp! I've travelled on the ERL so many times and didn't notice the perfuming quotation. Probably because I was asleep. Or blind.

By Blogger fishtail, at 11:06 pm  

Hm.. thanks for the "compliments". It's nature of journalism.

The truth is - after starting to blog, I am more sensitive to the things happening around me. There are so many things bloggable! Thanks to friends in the blogging world.

I believe YTL bought that slot of time of the infoscreen.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 6:15 am  

Post a comment

<< Home