Yan's Corner - In Touch

Monday, November 21, 2005

Destination Sickness

Early this month, I attended the Combined Scientific Meeting in Singapore. This statement by a Dietitian, Ms Chan Mei Yen, impressed me. She said that the Asian Avian Flu is no doubt scary, but obesity and overweight still remains a major health problem.

Today, after reading Desi’s “For Power and Wealth”, I add in to this statement –

Asian Avian Flu, obesity and overweight may be scary, but destination sickness remains the common illness among millions of people.

Huh? Destination Sickness? I am not a doctor, nor am I scientist. I am just a little woman. What is destination sickness?

It is arriving at your destination, at the place where you have always wanted to be, having everything you want to have, but not wanting anything that you have got at that destination.

Is it not a sickness?

The cure?

Contentment.

Contentment is not being happy with what you have, it is being happy with what you don't have.

Does not sound logical. That's the reason, we could never find a cure to this common illness.

Contentment is where true wealth and power lives.

1 comment(s):

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13
Great post as always Yan :)

By Blogger dobbs, at 8:04 am  

Post a comment

<< Home