Yan's Corner - In Touch

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Through the eyes of the child

I bought two tortoises for Christopher (my 10-year-old son) yesterday evening.

He has found a new treasure. Within minutes of “owning” the tortoises, Christopher could tell me many things about the pets. The dots on the body, the shell, which one is more bold and which one is timid…. He touched, he smelled and explored. And with wide-eyed delight he shared the treasures with me. Though I did not say it out, but, in my heart, I thought, they are just two little creatures.

For the whole night, he was talking about the “treasure” in the little creatures. And even in his dream, I thought I saw him smiling!

This morning I woke up early. With much curiosity, I looked at the little creatures. Like me, the tortoises woke up early. Could it be they could not sleep because they were in a new home? I tapped on the side of the container, and lo! True enough, one of them was so timid that a little sound frightened it. The other one seemed to look at me and asked, “now, what do you want?’ I began to see the beauty of the little creatures!

How often we missed the joy of experiencing the treasures that surround us. Our lives are forever busy and complicated. We seem to be forever caught up in what we think are more important matters.

Today, I have learnt to see the world through the eyes of the child and restore that excitements in many things I see today!

5 comment(s):

Hi Yan, it is nice that you can discover the treasures of life through the views of your little boy. we have to take life a little slower to see the beauty of life. Good luck to you.

By Blogger Desmond Goh, at 8:03 pm  

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about fashion game. It pretty much covers fashion game related stuff.

By Blogger Jack Naka, at 12:10 pm  

Thank you, Desmond, for dropping by. I visited your cyberhome - I know I have much to learn from you too beside learning from my young boy!

Regards,
Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 1:47 pm  

Yan, your blog continues to have these wonderful, heart warming posts that come from the simple day to day aspects of life.

By Blogger fishtail, at 4:22 pm  

Thanks, fishtail, for the kind words. Hope my thoughts bring some joy to my visitors.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 10:27 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home