Yan's Corner - In Touch

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Momentary Hiatus

Said the Robin to the Sparrow,
"I would really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so?"

Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they've no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."

This little rhyme came to mind last night as I sat watching the two tortoises perched high on the pebbles that my little boy put in their home. Over the past few days, Chris has indeed put in a lot of effort to build a house for his tortoises. Clear water, pebbles of different shapes and colours, some little plants, clear water .... It is indeed a peaceful silent in the home that Chris has nursed with care and love. Chris has even identified that one is a "girl" and the other is a "boy". He calls them "Adam" and "Eve".

It has been a tiring day on a day trip to Kuching leaving home early and reaching home at 10 pm. I thought Adam and Eve were looking at me and said the little rhyme -

Said Eve to Adam,
"I would really like to know
Why Chris' mother
Rush about and worry so?"

Said Adam to Eve,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That she has no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."

Indeed, yet God considers the tortoises. They do not sow nor reap or store away in home, and yet our Heavenly Father feeds them. He cares for them. He provides their daily needs.

Surely I am more precious to Him than the tortoises. He will provide for all my tomorrows!

We live in a fast society. We want speedy results. We want instant answers. But, between the poles in our lives, there must really be a lull period. A momentary hiatus. A temporary standstill.

Look how the two tortoises have inspired me and filled with me with an inexpressible joy and help me stride confidently towards the next milepost of my life.

It's a beautiful Wednesday!

2 comment(s):

Yan:

No hiatus for Desi
Just HT will do, yes, hi-teA!

So coincidental
We're so sentimental
Of Moonie you said is a she
I wonder if Sunny is a He?

But young Chris got in right
Its a case of Y&Y
Adam and Eve
Take and give.

By Blogger desiderata, at 11:48 am  

What a happy child Christopher must be. This is yet another wonderfully written inspirational article, Yan :)

By Blogger fishtail, at 4:54 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home