Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Adam and Eve

By Christopher Lau
Adam and Eve are my two tortoises. Two weeks ago, my mother and I went to a pet shop. The owner had only two tortoises. I was praying very hard that my mother would take both of them. One tortoise will be too lonely. Thank God, my mother thinks one is too lonely. She bought two. I was so happy that I forgot to thank my mother for letting me to keep pets. Thank you, mummy.

Adam is slightly bigger than Eve. He is a big eater. He gobbles up the food once I throw the food into the tank. I think he has to be strong in order to protect Eve.

Eve is smaller and timid. She withdraws her head into the shell every time I come near. She does not like to eat. She follows Adam closely most of the time.

I put them in a small tank. I collect some pebbles and grass and put inside the tank. It looks really like a small pond. Perhaps, I should call it Eden Garden since Adam and Eve lived in Eden Garden.

Every morning before I go to school, I feed them. When I come back from school, I bring them out for sun bath. I talk to them, “Adam, Eve, it’s not good to be in the cool place all the time. You need some sunshine. I am bringing you for some warm sun ray.” The tortoises seem to nod their heads happily.

I also clean the tank in the evening. I think tortoises also like to be clean like us before going to bed.

Taking care of tortoises makes me understand how my parents take care of me. It is really wonderful to have a happy home.

Adam and Eve live happily ever after in their Eden Garden.

2 comment(s):

Hi, Chris,

Lovely names for tortoises. Take care of them well.

Auntie Ming

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 pm  

Christopher, it also helps us understand the plight of children without good homes, doesn't it?

By Blogger fishtail, at 6:49 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home