Yan's Corner - In Touch

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Sheperd

It has been a very, very tiring four days – Monday to Thursday. And I have not quite finished with projects in hand, and deadlines to meet.

Tonight, I ponder on this favourite Shepherd Psalm – Pslams 23 - which I memorized when I was a small child.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; (Psalms 23:1 RSV)

It strikes me tonight that – if the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. So, if I am still in want, it means that the Lord is not my shepherd. If I wonder and wander, then the Lord is not my shepherd.

If the Lord is my shepherd, then, I am his sheep. I am a sheep, how could the Shepherd meet my needs?

He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul. (Psalms 23:2-3a RSV)


What more would I need as a sheep? The green pastures, the still waters – how calm and peaceful it is. What more would I need?

He leads me in paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake. (Psalms 23;3b RSV)


Yes, He has even given direction in life. Why am I still worrying and uncertain about tomorrow?

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil
For thou art with me
Thy rod and thy staff
They comfort me (Psalms 23:4 RSV)


He provides protection. Why should I fear?

Thou prepared a table before me
In the presence of my enemies
Thou anointest my head with oil,
My cup overflows,
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
For ever. (Psalms 23:5-6 RSV)


And now, He is a gracious host. A banquet.

He feeds. He protects. He leads. He protects. He provides. What else would I want?

Yes, I am off for three days pleasure-work trip for the next three days ….

2 comment(s):

YAN:

I had your serving as "entree" for today's BF where I'm adjourning after penning thi short MSG.

My post today is dedicated to one GalNextDoor who enjoys the First of May (was tempted to subs with Me but that's too ego-centric!), but I dunno who...ENJOY!:)

By Blogger desiderata, at 10:02 am  

:) Amen, what a great Shepherd we have!

By Blogger The Hedonese, at 3:49 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home