Yan's Corner - In Touch

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Desi's Challenge 5

I woke up at 4:30 am, the usual time when I would be sending my MIL for her morning's Tai-Chi sessions in an esplanade. It was raining. So, it means Tai-Chi lesson is not possible. It's Wednesday, I am supposed to work 40%. Remember? 100% at work and 40% is for Wednesday. Now, I realize why Wednesday child is a woe! Monday and Tuesday children are only working 12 and 23 percent respectively!

Well, from 4:30 am to now 7:40 am, I guess I have worked the 40% for Wednesday. That leaves me with no more capacity to work today. So, over to you all.

YAN happily accepts Desi's CHALLENGE 5 to run a Booker Review of Mitch Albom's TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE.

The First Prize is an autographed copy of CHALLENGE TO LOVE by Catherine De Costa (donatted by Desiderata;); and also First PUBLICATIONS RIGHTS to The Borneo Post (where Yan has a little say!) to feature THE TOP2 REVIEWS:);) where normal payments just like for anyother freelance contributions apply...

MGf Desi has promised to be hardworking Judge and his decisions are final & muktamad, to be announced Three Days after Borneo Post's use of the 3 reviews.

Entries of at least 2,500 words must reach YAN by Email at phylliswyy@gmail.com or chongyl2000@yahoo.com

Deadline is 2400 hours, September 30, 2005.

ENJOY! ENJOY!! ENJOY!!!

WRITE & L'VE!

4 comment(s):

Love your cool new look Yan! I had to read Desi's post to find out what mGf means *LOL*
I've read Tuesday's with Morrie some time back and seen the TV adaptation on the Hallmark channel - both are very good. Don't think I have it in me to write a book review though. Btw thanks for the Famous Quotes link which I've added to my blog as well (the Love Quotes)

By Blogger dobbs, at 9:10 am  

A Malaysian in Down Under droppin by to say hi ^_^

By Anonymous Michelle, at 2:05 pm  

Hi, dobbs, much inspired by you changing the design. More fine tunning to do. MGF = My good friend.

Hi, Michell, thanks for dropping by.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 2:58 pm  

Hi Yan:

Like your brighter loomk, but I miss'd the green environs still -- my biasedness towards Nature? Mother Earth, or that my own Blog is environmentally fRiendly, to make up for lack of pictures!

Good News for YAN and yGf -- at BF with Catherine DC, she increased the donouts by 2 -- so Yan&Desi will like to give away 3 prizes to each of the best 3 reviews with Cat's A Challenge to Love (but reviewers must be above the Age of Non-Sissent, whatever that means!;);)

So Write, even it's more romantic than the Ori! One reliable YoungSource tells Yan who tells Desi it's juicy, watever that means...I must confess that I have NOT read Cat's work, Maaf eh, Cathy!

By Blogger desiderata, at 6:02 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home