Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rest In Him

There is a time and season for everything. Thus shared my mother-in-law in the family comfort service in remembrance of my late father-in-law who passed away on 2nd October, 2004.

The past almost one year has been a maturing, polishing and revealing process for each and everyone of us in the family.

To me, I am very much reminded. I am reminded that life is short. Life is fragile. Our existence in this world is only temporary, marginal and trivial.

I am also reminded of His grace, His mercies and His providence. He provides direction, assurance and hope.

I am also redirected. Father-in-law had always been the earthly one who directed the family. The next step. The decision. We had always respected him. He was our earthly father who cared and loved. Today, I am redirected to His ways, His desires and His will.

I am reduced. Reduced to my very being. I have been humbled in His presence.

Every year in the month of August, we celebrated late father-in-law's birthday. Today, we held a service at his graveyard in thanksgiving to God for His provision of an earthly father to us. We read Psalms, we sang hymns, we read poems.

Indeed, in the infinitely unfathomable scheme of God's plan, all things are timed - no longer, no shorter.

2 comment(s):

This is such a poignant piece, Yan.

By Blogger fishtail, at 11:52 pm  

Thanks, fishtail.

There are situations of want - a shoulder to cry on, the comforting presence of a loved one and provisions of words of wisdom, He indeed has never failed us.

By Blogger Yan, at 12:05 am  

Post a comment

<< Home