Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Be yourself

"A woman without make-up on her face is a lazy woman."

This was said by a make-up artist called Adriel Khoo.

He was interviewed by Post Mag (Weekend Leisure of The Borneo Post) in its August 6 issue.

I read it yesterday and still could not accept the fact that I am a "lazy" woman.

This morning at the breakfast table, just before going for my Sunday Worship Service, I asked my 10-year-old son,

"What do you think of this statement that a woman without make-up on her face is a lazy woman?"

The boy looked at me, for a while, he said this -

"A woman without make-up on her face is a woman who is not afraid to be herself."

That's it. That makes my day!

Thank you, young Christopher.

2 comment(s):

Looks like I'm a "lazy" woman as well! ;)
Great insight from your son.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Prov 31:30 (NIV)

By Blogger dobbs, at 5:28 pm  

Well said, Christopher! That was a pretty thoughtless and stupid comment from that make-up bloke, and I think he owes a lot of women an apology.

By Blogger fishtail, at 9:47 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home