Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Assurance

God is good, all the time.

All the time, God is good.

This has been the opening of the sermon by Dr Dennis Ngien every time he preaches in our Church.

He says in his loud clear voice, God is good, then, the congregation says, All the time. Then he says, All the time, the congretation says, God is good.

Yes, God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

I set the "greeting" of my handphone with that assuring statement. Recently, much to my surprise, my 10-year-old son also sets his handphone with this greeting for the switch-on.

How assuring and comforting!

The other opening prayer of Dr Dennis Ngien that I like is -

Forgive the preacher for his sins are many.
Forgive the people for our sins are many.

What humility and reminder!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home