Yan's Corner - In Touch

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Yum, yum, good!

A doctor friend commented yesterday:

Many kids are now obese , KFC , Mc Donald's etc ... and with gameboy, physical exercise just does not exist. Plus with good yummy food from the mother.

I like that little plus - with good yummy food from the mother...

It warms my heart despite the fact that the first statement is not so pleasing to the heart. I am in fact guilty of the many "sins". But having a mother who prepared yummy food, and being a mother who prepares yummy food - I take that little plus as a praise.

You are sitting at dinner, and the yummy food prepared by your mother were served, much to your delight. You take one bite and one thing for sure, you would not sit there saying nothing. "Yum, yum good. Thank you mother." That's the least you would say.

Or your children are sitting at dinner, when the chicken pie you prepare is served. Your children with their eyes wide open, mouth watering, but still do not forget to say, "Thank you mummy, your pie melts in my mouth."

We were made to priase. And we were also made to receive praises. We were made to like praises.

C.S. Lewis said, you praise because praise completes your enjoyment of the thing or person being praised.

Just like when you praise God - your enjoyment of Him will be complete, not so He'll feel better about Himself.

Thank you, dear friend, for that little plus that really made my day!

2 comment(s):

Apologies , hope you are not offended.
Agree with you that mothers take care of their kids well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 pm  

Hi, friend,

No apology needed. In fact, my heart is warmed by that little sentence of yummy food from mummy.

I remember my mother, now with the Lord, and how she had fed my other eight brothers with yummy food!

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 9:25 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home