Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Perfecting and shaping

My dear friend “SMSed” me yesterday that she is going to start her “braces” mission. She had one tooth extracted. Another one to go this Friday.

I thought, she would look kind of funny with a mouth full of metal. I also thought, what is the point of putting up with the aggravation to let your mouth be invaded with metal, cement and platic?

I did not have much time to give myself an answer until today. Yes, the hardship of going through the “braces” journey or mission is for the reward of a million-dollar smile that will last through the rest of her life. She just has to live with the little annoyances and pain for a while, she’ll be rewarded with that “perfect-smile”.

How true it is in our marriage life. There are little annoyances. There are little pains. There are even sorrows no less than joys. There are daylong tug-of-war at times. There are some inconveniences at crucial times. There are times when sharp edges poke you. But, God is perfecting us, straightening us out, shaping us into something beautiful to share, cherish with our partner. And the reward? Anniversary after anniversary.

Yes, my husband and I are rejoicing over the ability to press through 19 years of shared life!

19 years, and entering 20th year…

5 comment(s):

Hi, have known you as a sweet little girl. 19 years? You have my congratulatioins. Wish you have many many more years of happy years with your other half.

Happy Anniversary.

mc

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 pm  

Yan&Partner:
Still being shaped by the Sculptor's Hands

Dedicate with Kind&Beaut&Nice Thots to

StephenFoster's poem, to be sung By the TwoSoulsInOne, on
This Moment to Moment Occasion.

"Beautiful Dreamer"


Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,
Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!

Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,
List while I woo thee with soft melody;
Gone are the cares of life's busy throng.

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea,
Mermaids are chaunting the wild lorelie;
Over the streamlet vapors are borne,
Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.

Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart,
E'en as the morn on the streamlet and sea;
Then will all clouds of sorrow depart,

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

By Blogger desiderata, at 10:21 pm  

Here's wishing you lots more years of marital bliss :)

By Blogger fishtail, at 12:15 am  

Thanks, Desi and fishtail.

Yan

By Blogger Yan, at 5:12 am  

Happy Anniversary Yan....and many more happy years to come. God bless! :)

By Blogger dobbs, at 10:58 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home