Yan's Corner - In Touch

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hymns of all times

Just this morning, over the telephone, a dear friend, on the subject of the death of two friends, reminded that "what is seen is temporary and what is unseen - eternal".

The reminder reminds me of this wonderful chorus that I still hum to myself -

This world is not my home
I'm just a-passing through,
My treasurers are laid up
somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me
from heavens open door
And I can't feel at home
in this world anymore."

Then the sweet refrain of another previous hymn sent confirming reverberations within my spirit,

"All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give."

Then these probing questions -

Whose plans prevail in your life?
Whose thoughts reign you?
Who rule over your family, career, puruits and goal - the big issues?
Who rule over your trivial matter?

Yes, God's presence must rule over my all.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home