Yan's Corner - In Touch

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Letting Go

It’s the National Museum again. Last week when I visited there, I took this picture:



It looks familiar to me. I know it’s not for the reason that I have seen in TV when the “Agong” (King) performs one of those ceremonial rituals.

It only clicked my mind that it was one of the scenes of my dream that should have “played” many times when my daughter wrote me a heart-warming card. I Here is the scene that matches the picture:

I am seated on a throne, something like the one in the picture. I am dressed with a kind and forgiving look on my face. In the room, there are people lining up. It is a real crowd, but in order. These are people who have wronged me through the years. Strange enough, I do not know any of them. They have come from far and near to beg for my forgiveness for all the wrongs they have done to me. They kneel before the throne, begging for forgiveness.

I extend my hand……
and lo, I wake up.

It’s but a dream!

Do I secretly long for a scene like this? They say dream are actually your secret wishes. Do we remember wrong that has been done to us even though we have forgiven them? One of my learned friends said that if you have not forgotten the wrong done to you, what you have dispensed is “technical forgiveness”. You only forgive them from the will and the mind, but your heart still holds the offense and still demands its due. You said it in words, but you don’t actually let go. Therefore, you have the scene sitting on the throne like this playing in your mind over and over.

I choose Charles Dickens’ sayings –

May I tell you why it seems to me a good thing for us to remember wrong that has been done us? That we may forgive it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home