Yan's Corner - In Touch

Friday, June 03, 2005

Great Pretenders

For the past one year, I have been traveling to Kuala Lumpur so often that when I boarded a plane to Melacca for my Girls’ Brigade meeting on 28th May, one of MAS ground staff in Sibu asked me whether I am now based in Kuala Lumpur.

That’s a good question to ask. At least he wanted to clarify his doubt with the person concerned.

When my two children traveled on “young passengers” tag on 31st May to join me in Kuala Lumpur, the MAS ground staff “assumed” that my children’s parents are divorced. The children were sent off by their father to join their mother in Kuala Lumpur for holidays.

When my daughter, upon arrival, related to me the assumptions made by the MAS staff, it gave me some thoughts.

How often we make assumptions. We assume that children will not be able to actually understand adult’s conversations. So, we talked freely without reservations.

The harm that we cause to the young mind can’t be ascertained. But, we surely are “great pretenders” in the eyes of the young minds.

Here is another one how we are a great liar beside being great pretenders in the eyes of the young minds.

“Mummy, someone tells a lie just now.” My 9-year-old son said.

We were in Petronas Science Centre at KLCC yesterday from 11 am to 1:30 pm. I looked around. Parents and children, quite a crowd.

“Oh? A lie? How do you know, dear?” I asked.

“A daddy was answering a phone call on his mobile phone. He told the other party, I am driving, I am driving, call me back. Surely he was not driving.” My son answered.

Well, watch out, parents, the young ones are watching!

1 comment(s):

Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit once again since i have bookmarked it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be
rich and continue to help other people.

my weblog lose weight

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 am  

Post a comment

<< Home