Yan's Corner - In Touch

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Joys of Baking

Yesterday, I baked a banana cake. Today, I baked a cheese cake.

It gives me such great joy as the fresh aroma filled the whole house. I am reminded that Jesus said He is the “bread of life”. Whoever believes in Him will receive life and never go hungry.

Isn’t it not wonderful? The mixing, the blending, the waiting – and lo, the “bread of life” opens a window to His declaration.

Honestly, it took me a while to believe that simple things in life can open doors for God to do wondrous things.

Last week I was in Kuala Lumpur. When I am in Kuala Lumpur, the food I normally take is bread. I love the fresh aroma of bread wafting from the bakery shop when I pass by. I went to the usual bakery shop I visit. It was closed for renovation. I walked away with much disappointment. I felt lost and picked up a “cup noodle” for dinner (I do not like to eat alone in food centre) at the hotel.

Not only did I go without the “bread of life”, the “cup noodle” upset my stomach. I did not take any food until the next dinner time where at KIA I met two young friends. It was a relaxing hour lingering over a cup of “milo”. It reminded me of God’s drink of Me. Yes, this reminder gives me energy just like the cup of “milo” gives me energy after a day without food.

Miracles are really occurrences that we encounter everyday. Because they are dressed in uncommon God-inspired ways, we pass them by without really experience the spiritual adventure.

Discover the simple things in life.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home