Yan's Corner - In Touch

Friday, March 04, 2005

Making our days

I do not like doctors. My first impression of doctor was at the age of 5 or 6. It was when I overheard elders saying that the doctor said my dad would not have many days to live. This doctor was the best doctor in town then. I lived in fears for many years. My dad died 20 years later. In between the years, I met some good doctors, some “not-so-sensible ones” who often do not treat patients with much respect. When the doctor attending to my mother five years ago said my mum had only six months to live, he was right. When my mum died, I thought doctors seem to be able to play God!

For five years, I do not want to have anything to do with doctors. True enough, I did not see one for five years until last year, when my dad in law was warded in a government hospital for over one month. I met many dedicated doctors there.

I may have changed my perception about doctors. One of them becomes my friend and through him I get to know another doctor. They are both young, very young.

I enjoyed a very refreshing evening with these two young doctors recently. I found out that it doesn’t take much to make the day of the doctors also. Like us, a warm smile, a hearty laughter, a nice dinner will also make their day.

You may like to go to these links to read some articles on becoming a doctor and anticipated suffering ahead and more “suffering” ahead.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home