Yan's Corner - In Touch

Thursday, March 03, 2005

As a child

In the chase of careers, personal pursuits and goals, Chris (my 9-year old son) always draw me back into the profound truth that “blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (Matt 5:8)

Baking has always given me tremendous joy. The menial tasks of mixing, kneading, waiting… The fresh aroma of bread wafting from the oven gives much satisfaction. I baked some chicken pies last Sunday.

Chris brought one to school to take during break on Monday. At the school gate today, he said, “Mummy I don’t want to bring any chicken pie to school anymore.” He continued, “It’s so special that my classmates asked where I bought it. When I said it’s my mummy. They all said that their mummies are not good, do not know how to cook and bake. I do not want them to feel bad about their mummy.”

Yes, through the arrival of Rachel and Christopher, God has opened for me a window of insight into the profound truth that –

Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. Mark 10:15

3 comment(s):

As adults, we should learn from young children who has so much to teach us about honor, love, kindness and many others.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 pm  

good thoughts and enlightening.

By Anonymous st, at 11:31 pm  

good thoughts and enlightening.

By Anonymous st, at 11:31 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home